Chai

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Vietnam

Currently sitting at our hotel in Sapa. It looks like heaven outside. Literally the fog makes it all white-out. I am wearing a sweater I purchased in Hanoi and could not be happier.

Vietnam thus far has been the easiest trip, most likely due to the fact that we books tours instead of doing things solo. I mean once you've done India solo, it proves the great perks of paying someone a few more dollars to figure things out. I walked old town Hanoi about 5 times over, spent the night on a boat in Halong Bay and am now in Sapa (about 30 minutes from the Chinese boarder). We took a 3 hour "trek" to see some local ethnic villages and tomorrow will embark on a 6 hour hike. My Tevas are getting some action. Wish you could all come and join the trek.

3 Comments:

Blogger Luanne said...

I am looking forward to more great pictures - I love your trips - you are a great travelogue!

April 2, 2008 at 5:21 AM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Vietnam = Heaven, a tough concept for my generation, sorta like Irak = Heaven? Well, it is part of God's great creation and I am thankful that you have the priviledge to appreciate the beauty of that country.

April 2, 2008 at 5:47 PM  
Blogger quilter13 said...

what a wonderful opportunity. I am glad you are getting to visit another southeast Asian country. Look forward to seeing pictures.
mrs. frey

April 2, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home